“Our strategy for being among the best endowments is to:
– Have a clearly defined culture that is extreme.
– Reconnect to our mission, which is to eradicate poverty through education, advance society through research and help to cure and care for cancer patients and others with debilitating diseases.
– Attract and retain highly talented and high-character investment professionals to the endowment who fit the culture and are energized by the mission.
– Identify the world’s top investment organizations via a Premier List process and then develop deep and unique relationships with those firms.
– Integrate our investment policy with our funding source, which is primarily two million acres of premier West Texas land and the energy-related revenues received from that source, which are expected to exceed $1 billion per year over the next 15+ years.
– Re-examine the role of bonds and gold.
– Continue to use our competitive advantage in co-investments.”
That’s a billion dollars a year (at least) for the next decade and a half.
Post by Marcelino Pantoja